Implemented procedures necessary for routine H and E slides, special stains (GMS, Giemsa, Gram, Trichrome, PAS, AFB, Alcian blue, Elastic, Fe, and Hemosiderin) and other technical procedures as required.
- Prepared histology slides containing human tissue sections by processing, embedding, cutting, mounting and staining.
- Accurately prepared slides from tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis with minimal requests for reprocessing, re-cutting or re-staining.
- Evaluated the adequacy of stains and chemicals for the use and adjusted accordingly.
- Followed the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, tested analyses, reported and maintained records of test examinations.
- Maintained records to demonstrate that proficiency testing samples were tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Performed filing of finished blocks and slides.
- Prepared microscopic slides on human tissue for diagnostic purposes.
- Changed the reagents on the automated tissue processor and strainer.
- Performed thin prep, processed accessioning for cytology; manual and computerized entry; and bar coding.