Fish and Wildlife Technician
Division of Fish, Wildlife and Marine Resources- Special Licenses Unit
- Responsible for technical review of applications and issuance of licenses involving special uses of fish and wildlife by academic researchers, government agencies, private sector institutions and consulting firms.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable Department regulations and state environmental laws.
- Write license conditions in accordance with environmental conservation law and regulations.
- Assist supervisor as needed in law enforcement cases involving illegal use or possession of fish and wildlife species.
- Maintain physical and electronic records and receive and respond to calls, emails and written correspondence from the public and other agencies concerning licensed activities.
- Extensive contact with the public, other state, federal and local agencies and department regional offices and law enforcement.
- Freedom of Information Law processing, maintain private information, revenue processing, data entry and analysis.