GIS Analyst/ Ecologist
Used Trimble GeoExplorer and Juno GPS units to collect all field data on endangered species, invasive species, pre and post burn observations, property features, and oil and gas assets.
- Used ESRI ArcGIS 9.3 to create and manage a geodatabase for the programs spatial data.
- Used data to assess the location for future conservation easements, determine progress of past restoration projects, analyze the effectiveness of prescribed burning operations over varying time periods, and track the habitat of various species of concern.
- Created professional map products for local, state, and national branches of the organization.
- Managed seasonal restoration crew for ecological monitoring, and field data collection.
- Trained other staff on the use of GIS software and GPS hardware.
- Participated in all prescribed fire operations and maintained all field equipment.