Public Information Officer and Accreditation Coordinator/freedom of Information Act Officer
Ensure that all policies and procedures meet or exceed applicable CALEA standards.
- Develop written directives.
- Process department specific FOIA requests.
- Conduct special staff projects/studies when required by the Chief of Police.
- Administer and maintain a computerized database system for task management.
- Ensure that monthly, semi-annual, annual, bi-annual goals and objectives reports are completed when required by those individuals assigned to complete them.
- Prepare and distribute official press releases.
- Establish and maintain an active professional relationship with local media representatives; and Organize and hold press conferences and/ or press briefings.
- Provide supervision to others through motivation, direction, and feedback on assigned tasks.
- Assign and manage assigned tasks to personnel.
at this job
Chief Public Information Officer
Provides leadership, direction and supervision to the community relations, communications, and volunteer functions of the school system; directly supervises all departmental staff;
- Assumes leadership role on the Superintendent's cabinet; assists with long-range strategic planning; and system wide activities.
- Develops and maintain comprehensive communication plan to include all areas of responsibility including public relations, media relations, crisis communication, community outreach, stakeholder recognition, and video communication.
- Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations on the NRMPS communication and public relations program to the Board of Education, administrators, teachers, parents, and community groups; attends regular meeting of the Board; conducts staff meetings.
- Acts as advisor to the Superintendent on all matters relating to internal/external communications, public relations, social media, television programming, media relations, and community outreach.
- Provides opportunities for direct input from Classified Employee Advisory Council, Teacher Advisory Council, Parent Advisory Council and Student Advisory Council, as well as other two-way communication structures.
- Keeps abreast of emerging developments in assigned areas through participation in workshops, conferences, seminars.
- Supervises and conducts personnel administration duties for direct report subordinates, including hiring, evaluating, assigning special duties, monitoring attendance and travel reports, and granting leave in accordance with NRMPS policies and regulations.
- Represents the school system, as directed, on various committees and task forces.
- Develops, plans, and/or coordinates various community outreach and/or media and public relations functions on the behalf of the district.
- Coordinates responses to all public information requests.
at this job