Business Founder, Current President and Sr. Physicist
Have successfully managed & operated [company name] for 17 years
- Founded [company name] in 1997 and built it into a $650,000 business
- Improved the profitability of every Sugar Refining Company by introducing a Microwave System that dramatically improved their ability to control the Brix of a Sugar Solution during production
- Presented numerous product white papers to the ISA, The Ethanol Conference and other smaller groups.
- Organized all client training, product demonstrations, marketing and sales functions of HK Instruments
- Wrote all manuals and every piece of advertising
- Managed the technical aspect of the organization and suggested every technical solution to many problems associated with any new product introduction
at this job
Performed variety of therapeutic medical clinical tasks with EBRT and brachytherapy, as well as dosimetry and radiation safety. Recorded and verified patients' course of treatment with IMPAC software. Processed daily machine output. Conducted daily QA, monthly and yearly calibration of Linac, and quarterly calibration of GammaMed HRD. Calibrated dosimetry devices such as Sun Nuclear Profiler 2700
- Participated actively in patients' treatment planning with Brachyvision and real-time intra-op planning in OR with Variseed TPS.
- Ensured appropriate and accurate dosages during course of treatment, effectively calibrating dosimetry devices such as Sun Nuclear Profiler 2700 for daily output and diodes.
- Coordinated with management and consultant on renewal of NRC Radioactive Materials License regarding therapeutic portion of application.
- Cultivated hands-on experience with Varian Linac 2100C, Varian Ximatron Simulator, and Varian GammaMed iX HDR.
at this job
Senior Health Physicist
Authored environmental documents; calculation and evaluation of statistics relative to demonstration that sites achieve remedial goals and that instrumentation and methods used to demonstrate achievement are sufficiently sensitive and achieve required minimum detectable concentrations
- Developed documents such as Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Site Investigation Manual (MARSSIM)-compliant historical site assessments, survey planning documents, and final status survey reports as well as post remedial action reports
- Performed and documented technical data assessments and radiological surveys
- Interacted with the MDNR, EPA and USACE on document review with response to comments on CERCLA documents
- Provided health physics and related support for a large environmental remediation program that involved both radiological and non-radiological constituents
- Manages activities associated with health physics and personnel required to work with radiation. Responsible for managing radiation contamination into the human body.
at this job
Managed the hazardous radioactive waste program for the IUPUI campus, serving over 300 research labs, and three hospitals.
- Oversaw the movement of the hazardous radioactive waste program from established location to newly approved facility, the decommissioning of the past facility, and participated in the planning of the new waste-processing facility.
- Supervised a technical position in the handling and processing of radioactive waste materials. Managed the personnel dosimetry program monitoring around 800 employees and students.
- Oversaw the daily management as well as performing dose estimations, exposure histories, and action level investigations.
- Served as university, hospital, and public resource concerning radiation safety. Provided employee training, student education, patient education, and procedural support to medical staff.
- Served as a resource on university committees and projects. Ensured the proper calibration and operation of equipment utilized by the Radiation Safety Office and laboratories for the measurement of radioactive material.
- Ensured the university's compliance of NRC, DOT and state regulations. Audited and guided clinical departments and research labs to further safety culture. Updated forms and procedures.
at this job
Managed and conducted research projects in the areas of materials science and laser-based chemical kinetics studies. Wrote successful research grant proposals. Trained and supervised postdoctoral, graduate, and undergraduate students.
- Principal investigator for 3 government-funded research projects (>$1M total) and co-principal investigator for 5+ other projects.
- Established a research program in thin-film synthesis of refractory materials and designed an apparatus for pulsed laser deposition of thin films.
- Designed and implemented experimental systems for laser-based investigations of chemical kinetics, collisional energy transfer processes, and surface-catalyzed reactions.
- Developed LabView applications for instrument control and data acquisition.
at this job
Jr. Health Physicist
Assisted the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) by executing Radiation Safety programs
- Performed quarterly inspection (permit auditing), and wrote quarterly reports
- Supervised and assigned chores to Radiation Safety Technicians
- Prepared radioactive waste and radiobiomedical waste for pick up by vendors
- Performed other duties assigned by the RSO, and in the absence of the RSO
- Prepared radiation safety manual & safety training programs for the analytical & medical X-rays use (including dental x-rays ), and SOPs
- Prepared radiation safety training programs and handouts for medical, non-medical authorized users, and Protective Services at [company name]
- Conducted radiation safety training to Nursing staff, Dental X-ray personnel, Mailroom personnel, analytical X-ray users, radioisotope users.
- Helped to renew the NRC license.
at this job
- Conducted routine radiological health evaluations on facilities with radioactive materials and x-ray technology
- Maintained radiological files and database by furnishing current and accurate information about licensing and registration to the public and by providing divisional personnel with current technical materials and video tapes
- Performed environmental assessments of licensed and unlicensed sites and facilities by gathering environmental samples
- Evaluated situations involving nuclear power plants, transportation of radioactive material or waste, and medical or industrial incidents
- Enforced Tennessee State Regulations for Protection Against Radiation (SPRAR)
at this job
Conducted research and development for customer projects. Performed FEM simulations and planned test procedures. Designed parts using Solidworks. Completed data analysis and compared with experiment data. Reported project progress at the weekly conference call with customer, utilizing feedback to refine tests. Delivered developed products to customers as scheduled. Successfully developed prototype of a magneto-elastic torque sensor that could be put into mass production. Converted raw conceptual technology into matured mass production technology. Awarded a series of patents for such innovative developments. Strong proven knowledge on magnetics, magnetic materials, magnetic devices, magnetic modeling, magnetic design and magnetic measurement. Accurate measurement skills. Extensive knowledge on optics, thermal physics, numerical analysis, and mechnical design. Expert on various sensors including magneto-elastic torque sensor, magneto-optical sensor, magnetic speed sensor, linear displacement sensor, and angular rotation sensor.
- Developed magnetic torque sensor for transmission converter drive plate, delivering prototype to Honda and successfully passed on-site dyno test.
- Developed magnetic torque sensor for input shaft and output shaft, delivered prototypes to Ford and successfully passed on-site vehicle test.
- Provided solution for degaussing magnetic hot spots in the torque converter for Ford input shaft project. Provided solution for shielding magnetic interference from magnetic clutch for Ford output shaft project.
- Developed magnetic hysteresis compensation method which can significantly reduce magnetic hysteresis error.
- Developed tri-band scheme which can reduce magnetic interference more than 80% of magnetic noise from electromagnets or motors located near to the torque sensor system without using expensive shielding materials or special electronics, which removes one step in production and allows to use a two point sensor which eliminated half of sensor coils led to reducing material costs, testing costs and labor costs.
- Tri-band scheme successfully implemented on Spyder (three wheeled motorcycle) steering torque sensor and current in mass production. Went on to apply it to various customer projects such as Ford, BMW, Hyundai, ARS, John Deere, and FEV.
- Received certificates in recognition of new technology developments from general manager.
at this job
Junior Medical Radiological Physicist
- Teamed with staff to monitor machines (including LINAC and Treatment Planning System data model) for radiation survey, acceptance testing, and commissioning.
- Conducted special physics consultations for IGRT (Intensity-Guided Radiation Therapy) with MV cone-beam CT system, and gating technology (Active Breathing Coordinator).
- Served and supported IMPAC and LANTIS(TM) R&V (Record and Verify) oncology information systems.
- Provided clinical services with routine machine calibration, QA, treatment plans, dose verification, and chart check.
- Established the daily QA CHECKMATE for dosimetric verification.
at this job
Principal Investigator for an NRL 6.1 program to develop Integrated Atom Optical devices. Constructed an Atom Chip Lab for development of Navigation and Atomic Clock Development.
- Principal Investigator for an NRO program to study the use of correlated photon sources for advanced time synchronization. Lead to a patent on timing using entanglement.
- Co-investigator in an NRL program to study Electromagnetically Induced Transparency (EIT). Constructed the EIT physics assembly.
- Co-investigator in a DARPA funded program to develop Chip Scale Atomic Clocks using MEMS techniques. Developed several cold atom miniature clock designs.
- Principal Investigator on an ONR project to study the creation of entangled atoms using optical lattice techniques.
- Development with NIST of a new Atomic Fountain Clock using Optical Lattice techniques for control of the launching problem.
- Worked on a new digital Rubidium atomic clock design for the future GPS. Responsible for the atomic physics package, as well as microwave and digital processing elements.
at this job