Production Coordinator Cover Letter
Production Coordinators perform the operational and administrative work needed to produce a film or a TV program. Responsibilities of a Production Coordinator depend on the size of the production company and on the projects they are completing. Examples of job duties include taking part to production meetings, ordering supplies for the production office, making travel arrangements, handling budgets and expenses, recruiting production staff, coordinating accommodation for casts, and processing contracts.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters, main Production Coordinator requirements include:
- Networking and the ability to build useful contacts
- Being able to work under pressure
- Problem-solving orientation
- Motivation and initiative
- Computer competences
Relevant Production Coordinator skills are visible in the example cover letter below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Production Coordinator Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Foutch:
Upon review of your posting for a Production Coordinator, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my professional experience in media / production assistant roles—as well as my talents in creative project coordination and team collaboration—I would significantly benefit your organization.
From tracking budgets and liaising with cross-functional teams to providing comprehensive administrative support while excelling within team environments, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With an inherent passion for and growing expertise in media production and coordination, my communication and organization capabilities position me to thrive in this challenging and creative position.
Highlights of my background include…
- Performing a wide range of support tasks—including clerical assistance, catering, A/V, scheduling, and intern supervision—on various video productions and elements for the USC film department.
- Facilitating the production of 14 short films by Red Rover Productions.
- Providing comprehensive coordination and support; overseeing projects, meeting standards and deliverables, and assisting production managers and directors in general operations to ensure smooth and seamless productions.
- Utilizing solid time management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills to generate maximum efficiency and first-rate quality.
- Recently earning a Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies from the University of Southern California.
With my experience in media production and support, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Nicholas J. Burton