Operating Room Nurse Cover Letter
Operating Room Nurses assist surgeons and provide patient care before, during, and after surgery. This role may also include the duties of a circulating nurse or of a scrub nurse. Essential job activities of an Operating Room Nurse include planning surgery care, implementing surgery protocols, answering to patient inquiries, reassuring patients throughout the procedure, monitoring vital signs and patient condition, communicating concerns to doctors, administering medication, and sterilizing surgical instruments.
Successful cover letters for Operating Room Nurses mention qualifications and abilities such as the following:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Precision and attention to details
- Bedside manners
- Being able to stay calm in stressful situations
- Knowledge of standard sterilization protocols
- Computer literacy
- Being able to understand and follow instructions
Similar skills and experience can be seen in the sample cover letter presented right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Operating Room Nurse Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Burdick:
As a skilled Operating Room Nurse with comprehensive experience providing crucial support to surgeons, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care during surgical operations will allow me to substantially assist Harborview Hospital in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My expertise lies in assessing patients’ pre-op conditions, monitoring their progress during surgeries, and ensuring surgeon access to sterilized instrumentations and implants. Tracking patient vitals, adhering to stringent quality and safety standards, and anticipating surgeon needs are just a few of the many tasks I perform each day, consistently providing a superior level of nursing service and support.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Providing quality patient care in alignment with nursing philosophy, organizational standards, and legal regulations as a Surgical RN with Lairmont Medical Center in Philadelphia.
- Selected to transition from main OR to newly opened state-of-the-art same-day surgical center; helped to develop efficient patient flow patterns and rapid room turnover times.
- Contributing to the success of a new QA program to meet—or exceed—hospital/JCAHO standards for patient and staff safety.
- Communicated effectively across diverse medical teams to ensure appropriate and necessary patient care; tracked patient progress and generated reports.
- Completed specialized training and certification in perioperative nursing; possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
With my expertise in delivering overarching nursing support within operating rooms, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to Harborview’s objectives in this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
Nina E. Morrison