Nurse Manager Cover Letter
Nurse Managers coordinate specific units in a hospital and are responsible for a variety of clinical and administrative duties. Aside from collaborating with medical staff to promote patient health, they also need to provide support to patient families. Examples of Nurse Manager duties include: identifying patient needs, adhering to hospital policies, assigning nurses to specific cases, taking disciplinary action when needed, answering to patient inquiries, maintaining a clean working environment, and implementing infection-control protocols. Nurse Managers are also required to constantly update their job knowledge by taking part in educational opportunities.
A Nurse Manager cover letter sample usually highlights the following skills and qualifications:
- Nursing expertise
- Managerial skills
- Stamina and resilience
- Bedside manners
- Budgeting and good numeracy skills
- Organization and planning
- Computer competences
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Relevant Nurse Manager abilities are visible in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Nurse Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Wilson:
It is with great interest that I submit my resume for your consideration for the Nurse Manager position you are looking to fill. As a dedicated professional with 12+ years of experience supervising nursing staff and managing patient treatment, I am confident I will significantly contribute to the success of your medical facility in this role.
My background includes excellent experience in overseeing nursing staff activities and performance to ensure outstanding patient care and the highest level of medical service. With this success—coupled with my experience in policy development, workflow management, mentoring / precepting, and patient education—I am confident in my ability to lead your nursing team in providing comprehensive treatment and optimizing patient experiences.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Excelling in a Nurse Supervisor role since 2007 for a 52-bed medical/surgical unit at Alloy Care Hospital; delegating assignments, resolving staffing concerns, and overseeing up to 47 staff while managing budget requirements and monitoring productivity.
- Demonstrating superior abilities in direct patient care, treatment plans and administration, and compassionate patient / family support.
- Leveraging expertise in staff management, patient communication, and general clinical care to ensure outstanding patient experiences.
- Holding a Bachelor of Science in Nursing as well as a current RN license in the state of Maine.
With my proven track record of providing superior nursing team leadership and support, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Michael J. Dixon