LVN Cover Letter
LVNs or Licensed Vocational Nurses are responsible for providing care to patients who are disabled, injured, sick, convalescent, or elderly. These professionals usually work under the supervision of a registered nurse. Typical duties of a LVN include: monitoring patient condition, administering medication, checking vital signs, updating patient records, helping patients with personal hygiene, collecting test samples, providing emotional support to patients and their families, and completing tasks as assigned by physicians and nurses.
Based on our collection of cover letter examples for LVN, essential qualifications for the job are:
- Clinical skills and nursing expertise
- Medical teamwork
- Empathy and bedside manners
- Stamina and physical fitness
- Attention to details and observation skills
- Emotional stability and patience
- Computer literacy
- Being able to work without supervision
A cover letter sample showcasing similar LVN skills is provided beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive LVN Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. McCormick:
When I learned of your search for an LVN, I was eager to send along my resume for your consideration. As an enthusiastic and dedicated nurse with five years of experience providing comprehensive care to diverse patients, I am confident in my ability to make a positive impact on your team in this role.
With a Licensed Vocational Nurse Diploma complemented by my solid experience supporting RNs and physicians in various patient support tasks, I am excited to take on new challenges and look forward to the opportunity of building a lasting career with your medical establishment. By acquiring key experience in facility-based patient care, my background has prepared me to excel as your next LVN.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Possessing licensure in the state of California as an LVN; participate in ongoing professional training and development programs to ensure up-to-date knowledge and abilities.
- Demonstrating strong abilities in medication administration, vital signs, fluid intake/output monitoring, G-tube feedings, patient data documentation, and daily living support.
- Interacting effectively with cross-functional medical teams comprising doctors, nurses, specialists, patients, and families to assess needs and implement appropriate treatments.
- Utilizing warm, friendly, and articulate communication style to establish trusting relationships and provide exceptional bedside care.
My dedication to the nursing field and my compassionate, professional nature continues to define my abilities, and will enable me to make an excellent contribution to your facility. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss your needs and how my skills can play a role in achieving your objectives.
Thomas E. Bloomfield