Labor And Delivery Nurse Cover Letter
Labor And Delivery Nurses assist women during childbirth. They also take care of the newborn right after the delivery and create personalized care plans. Typical duties of a Labor And Delivery Nurse are checking medical history, assessing the condition of the mother and the baby, identifying potential complications, monitoring fetal heart rate, helping patients get into position in the birthing bed, cleaning the patient, guiding the baby’s head, catching the baby, clamping and removing the umbilical cord, and cleaning the baby’s mouth and nose.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Labor And Delivery Nurses, the most important skills for the job are:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Emotional stability and sound judgment
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Being able to motivate and support patients
- Fast thinking and decision making
- Attention to details
Below is displayed an example cover letter highlighting similar Labor And Delivery Nurse abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Labor And Delivery Nurse Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Atkinson:
As an accomplished and patient-centric Labor and Delivery Nurse with 17+ years of excellent experience providing comprehensive care to patients before, during, and after childbirth, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting women’s care allows me to substantially assist Dominico Hospital in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My background includes providing pre- and post-delivery support, monitoring patient progress, and communicating with medical teams to coordinate all aspects of quality women’s health care. Performing vaginal exams, monitoring labor stages, and guiding patients through recovery and postpartum are just a few of many tasks at which I excel. Furthermore, I consistently provide a superior level of compassionate care and patient advocacy while training, mentoring, and supervising cross-functional medical staff.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Provided comprehensive nursing support and care for patients in triage, labor, postpartum, and newborn nursery; evaluated needs upon hospital admission, obtained patient histories, assessed for labor risk factors, and leveraged fetal and maternal monitoring equipment.
- Assisted physicians during delivery, treatment, examination, and surgical procedures.
- Managed patients’ pain and physical stamina through the use of epidural and patient-controlled analgesia, motivational communication, and breathing techniques.
- Selected to serve as a preceptor of new staff as well as of student nurses.
- Earned ongoing praise from patients and peers for superior quality of care, outstanding interpersonal talents, and compassionate nature.
- Hold an Associate’s degree in Nursing from the University of Montana, as well as nursing licenses in the states of Montana, Wyoming, and North Dakota.
Confident that my skills and expertise will be of great value to Dominico Hospital, I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in detail. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
Bernard A. Bennett RN