Groundskeeper Cover Letter
Groundskeepers are found in multiple settings, from schools to private companies, and are responsible for maintaining building premises. Job duties to be expected at a ground keeping job include: using hand tools and gas-powered equipment, mowing grass, trimming trees and bushes, applying mulch, raking leaves, planting flowers, shoveling snow, maintaining turf at sports facilities, doing seasonal clean-ups, identifying and controlling pests, and removing dead plants.
A successful sample cover letter for Groundskeeper usually concentrates on the following skills and qualifications:
- Landscaping experience
- Physical fitness and strength
- Stamina and a good level of energy
- Being able to work outdoors in all types of weather
- The ability to follow instructions
- Self-motivation and being able to work without supervision
Abilities and experience typical for this job can be seen in the example cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Groundskeeper Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Groundskeeper, check out our more complete Groundskeeper Job Description.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Smith:
When I learned of your search for an experienced Groundskeeper to join your staff at Bay Bridge Assisted Living, I hurried to send you my resume for your consideration. With 17 years of experience maintaining and improving outdoor areas while ensuring proper care of grounds and utilizing a variety of power equipment and tools, I am prepared to make an immediate contribution to the success of your team.
My experience including overseeing maintenance and care for residential properties of up to 18 acres, performing comprehensive tasks to ensure superior landscaping appearances. From cleaning walkways and parking lots and pulling weeds to operating drip watering systems and properly disposing of trash, I excel at personally handling maintenance and care responsibilities while tackling preventative maintenance activities to optimize cleanliness and visual appeal for residents and visitors. My background, coupled with my personable and reliable nature, are certain to make me a strong asset to your team.
The following areas of my expertise demonstrate my qualifications for this position:
- Cleaning, caring for, and maintaining property grounds—including pools, playgrounds, and general outdoor spaces—at Oakridge Apartments, Concord Senior Community, and the Trevalda Cohousing Development in Bethesda.
- Planting and ensuring upkeep of various plants; watering flowers, weeding beds, fertilizing/mulching, and performing other miscellaneous landscaping tasks.
- Leading biannual grounds keeping projects in the spring and fall, incorporating edging, hedging, pruning, clean up, and debris removal; removing snow and ice, salting driveways and parking lots, and sanding walkways during the winter months.
- Lending support during various other operational tasks such as moving furniture and painting.
- Demonstrating outstanding physical stamina, an ability to work in all types of weather, and a dedication to aesthetic excellence.
My skills in ensuring superior landscaping design, maintenance, and care are proven, and I am confident my additional strengths in time management and leadership will make me a strong asset to your team. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Keith S. Jackson