Pre K Teacher Cover Letter
Pre K Teachers are responsible for caring for and instructing children under the age of five. They play an important role in the lives of young students by using interactive teaching methods to nurture and develop children’s interests in basic subjects. In addition, Pre K teachers encourage appropriate social interactions among the children and their peers. They also create and maintain a learning environment which is both creative and child-friendly. A healthy respect for diversity and a tolerance for different learning abilities are essential traits for Pre K Teachers.
The following qualifications and skills are often found in example cover letters for Pre K Teachers:
- Effectively teaching basic academic, social and personal hygiene skills
- Evaluating children’s academic performance, social behavior and overall development
- Providing and maintaining a safe classroom environment
- Planning and implementing an appropriate and engaging curriculum Completing progress reports and facilitating parent meetings
- Implementing a positive discipline plan that aligns with school’s policies and procedures
The following is an example of a cover letter that highlights key experiences and abilities for a Pre K Teacher.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Levingston:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Pre K Teacher. For the past three years, I’ve worked as a preschool teacher with three-year-old students to ensure that they become mentally and emotionally prepared for the next academic level. I believe I possess both qualifications and temperament you’re seeking in Pre K Teacher and would serve as an asset to Cosgrave Preparatory Academy.
My unique skillset lies not only in my ability to engage children and help them learn at their specific level — but also within my dedication to providing consistent opportunities for appropriate social interactions. Furthermore, my patience and enthusiasm for working through daily routines with these young students is a perfect match for the character traits you are seeking.
Below are some highlights of my relevant experience and qualifications:
- Observed, evaluated and recorded the development level of up to 15 students per semester.
- Directed and supervised two teaching assistants in their daily responsibilities.
- Developed differentiated lesson plans to accommodate various learning styles of students.
- Gave students opportunities for cooperative learning activities at least three times per week.
- Created a parent newsletter every three weeks to communicate important happenings.
- Successfully redirected off-task students to maintain overall harmony in the classroom.
In addition to my experience and personal qualities, I have a degree in Early Childhood Education and a passion for teaching and participating in the development of preschool children. I would be happy to provide you with additional details regarding my skills and qualifications. Please contact me as soon as possible to discuss how my experience and background will meet your needs. I look forward to speaking with you.
Thank you for your time.
Bridget L. Monahahn