Child Care Provider Cover Letter
Child Care Providers supervise children and watch their developmental progress at daycare centers or in their parents’ homes. Typical job duties of a Child Care Provider include: organizing activities for children, supervising children at all times, maintaining the room clean and safe, offering guidance, maintaining playing equipment, serving meals and snacks, changing diapers, providing opportunities for rest, and teaching basic math and literacy concepts. Another duty of Child Care Providers is informing parents on child development.
Our collection of cover letter samples for Child Care Providers mentions the following job requirements:
- Being able to interact with children
- Knowledge of early childhood development
- Supervisory skills
- Attention to details and good observational skills
- Basic teaching skills
- Effective communication and reporting abilities
- Computer literacy
- Reliability and integrity
Beneath is provided an example cover letter showcasing similar Child Care Provider abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Child Care Provider Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Ware:
When I saw your posting in search of a new Child Care Provider to join your team at Outreach Childcare, I hastened to send along my resume for your consideration. With more than 13 years of experience in childcare for children aged 2-6—combined with my caring and patient personality—I am confident that I can provide excellent childcare support and service at your center.
My background includes excellent experience ensuring the safety and wellbeing of young children in my care as a self-employed Certified Home Based Child Care Provider. Organizing activities, preparing and serving meals/snacks, assisting with toileting and changing clothes, cleaning toys, setting up special projects, sanitizing facilities, and encouraging children’s communal and emotional development are just a few of the areas in which I excel. Additionally, I have strong experience helping children through separation anxiety, using distraction and refocussing techniques to help kids through the transition of separating from their parents/caregivers.
A few highlights of my experience include:
- Interacting with and leading children in a range of engaging activities such as painting, handicrafts, singing, physical exercise, and story time.
- Teaching children about various health and personal habits, including eating, resting, and toilet training.
- Communicating regularly and professionally with parents regarding behavioral issues such as fighting, biting, throwing, and property destruction.
- Producing correspondence, evaluations, and progress reports for both personal and parental use.
- Earning an Associate’s degree in Childhood Development from Riverside Community College.
My previous child care skills and experience, along with my positive attitude and friendly personality, position me to excel in this role with Outreach. I would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss my qualifications and your needs in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Sandra B. Rodgers