Child Care Teacher Cover Letter
Child Care Teachers work in preschools and daycare centers and are responsible for providing instruction to young children, generally ages 0 – 5. Typical job duties of a Child Care Teacher include scheduling and organizing activities, developing teaching materials, helping children to acquire personal habits, assessing children’s performance, and communicating with parents.
Below is a list of the skills and qualifications often found on a Child Care Teacher cover letter.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development or child care experience
· A love for working with children
· Creative thinking skills
· Planning and organization skills
· Advanced knowledge of childhood development
· Interpersonal skills
· Social perceptiveness
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Patience and positive attitude
Below is a sample Child Care Teacher cover letter that highlights some of these skills and qualifications.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Parsons,
Upon learning of your need for a Child Care Teacher at Bright Starts Preschool, I have been inspired to submit my resume for review. As a Child Care Teacher with two years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, I have the qualities and skills necessary to be a great addition to your school.
My professional experience includes leading my own class of 17 4-year olds at St Peter’s Elementary School. I created lesson plans filled with play-based activities and then taught these lessons on a daily basis while focusing on the needs and development of my students. I am eager to get more experience under my belt and believe Bright Starts is the place for me to grow my career.
The following is a list of some of my most important accomplishments:
· Earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Development from George Mason University
· Created unique and engaging lesson plans to help students learn and grow.
· Researched new and suitable teaching material and techniques
· Evaluated and kept records of each child’s performance, which were communicated regularly to parents.
With my experience in the classroom and my educational background, I believe I am well prepared to bring the highest quality education to your young students. I look forward to the opportunity to put my enthusiasm and love for children to work at your school
Becky J. Plott