Early Childhood Assistant Cover Letter
Early Childhood Assistants provide support to Early Childhood Educators in preschools and child care centers. Essential work responsibilities of an Early Childhood Assistant are organizing and supervising activities, reading stories, teaching children songs, preparing and serving meals, helping children to use the toilet, monitoring children progress, reporting to children’s parents, providing emotional support to children, maintaining equipment and spaces dedicated to children clean, and implementing safety rules.
A well-written cover letter sample for Early Childhood Assistant usually focuses on the following skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of early childhood development
- Patience and perseverance
- Physical fitness and stamina
- Knowledge of first aid
- Classroom control
- Supervisory skills
- Being able to motivate children
- Attention to safety
- Organizational skills
The cover letter example provided below presents similar skills and experience required to an Early Childhood Educator.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Early Childhood Assistant Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Plummer:
When I read your posting indicating your need for a new Early Childhood Assistant to join your team at Blossom Daycare, I quickly decided to submit the enclosed resume for your review. As a patient, enthusiastic, and emerging teaching professional dedicated to supporting outstanding first educational experiences for young children, I am well positioned to make a strong contribution to your facility in this role.
In pursuit of my Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (expected in 2018), I have amassed a breadth of knowledge relating to childhood development, lesson and curriculum planning, age-appropriate activities, and overarching program support focusing on children ages 5 and under. With my strong practicum experience completed at both Hillcrest Preschool and Common Ground Daycare, I am prepared to put my skills and acquired experience to work for you in areas such as preparing various classroom activities, enforcing safety policies, tracking children’s social and emotional development, and facilitating special excursions. With these skills, coupled with my outstanding interpersonal and communication talents, I am confident in my ability to make a substantial and positive impact on the attendees of Blossom Daycare.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Assisting early childhood educators in the development and coordination of creative educational activities for children between 2 and 5 years of age, encouraging the ongoing evolution of social, physical, and mental capabilities while providing empathic student and parent support with separation anxiety and school assimilation.
- Working and communicating effectively with children and parents from diverse socioeconomic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Assisting teachers and students with washroom tasks, diaper changes, cleanup and sanitation, snack preparation, story time, music and songs, and art projects.
- Performing a range of general administrative functions, including records management, reporting, correspondence, and scheduling.
- Leveraging my warm and compassionate personality to earn children’s and parents’ trust, ease anxieties, and promote supportive relationships.
With my hands-on experience and my academic qualifications, I am prepared to dedicate myself to the highest level of early childhood educational assistance at your facility and outperform your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Wilhelmina J. Godfrey