Certified Nursing Assistant Cover Letter
Certified Nursing Assistants provide care to patients in health care facilities such as hospitals, hospices, and rehabilitation centers; examples of job duties include helping patients with personal hygiene and dressing, serving meals, monitoring vital signs, administering medication, providing companionship, and reporting to nurses and physicians. More than just providing daily care to patients, these professionals are also required to offer emotional support to patients during difficult procedures and liaise with family members.
Those interested in a Certified Nursing Assistant career should be able to highlight the following qualifications in their cover letters:
- Nursing expertise
- Medical teamwork
- A caring personality and bedside manners
- Stamina and resilience
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift bedridden patients
- Good communication skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Attention to details and listening skills
- Decision-making abilities
- First-aid expertise
Below is provided an example cover letter showcasing comparable Certified Nursing Assistant skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Perola:
As a skilled Certified Nursing Assistant with 17+ years of experience providing overarching healthcare support and services to patients from a wide array of backgrounds and medical conditions, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care allows me to substantially assist Cedar Community Health Center in meeting—and surpassing—its healthcare goals.
My expertise lies in providing basic day-to-day patient support, monitoring and reporting patients’ physical and emotional progress, and liaising between cross-functional medical teams to coordinate all aspects of patient care. Furthermore, I possess superb bedside manners including outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, enabling me to comfort patients struggling with fear, sadness, pain, loss, and/or anxiety.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Demonstrated success providing comprehensive patient care, including bathing, grooming, feeding, toileting, ambulating, medication administration, and other basic nursing care activities.
- Delivering top-quality nursing care for Rehab, Hospice, and Long-Term Care patients, adhering to universal standards and participating in ongoing continuing education focused on innovative new nursing methods and procedures.
- Adept at assisting with diagnostic procedures, taking vitals, documenting and tracking patient care and progress, and adhering to all policies and guidelines while ensuring full patient confidentiality and comfort.
- Superior levels of reliability, flexibility, and organization; patient and punctual with a strong work ethic; level-headed in high-stress situations.
- Completing the Certified Nursing Assistant training program at Iowa City College in 1999; certified in CPR and Basic Life Support (BLS).
With my expertise in assisting patients with a full range of nursing support tasks, I am confident I can greatly contribute to your organization in this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Mary K. Legaspi