Van Driver Cover Letter
Van Drivers are charged with the safe and timely transport of passengers or goods to and from assigned locations. An unwavering focus on safe driving practices and passenger/goods security is a requirement for this role. An unblemished driving record and strong knowledge of vehicle functionality are also beneficial, as is a commercial driver’s license.
Successful cover letters for Van Drivers often reference the following types of skills and qualifications:
- Passenger pick-ups/drop-offs
- Passenger embarking/disembarking
- Goods loading/unloading
- Vehicle condition checks/cleaning
- Schedule and route adherence
- Customer service excellence
Below please find a sample cover letter for a Van Driver including comparable abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Van Driver Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Daluz:
Upon learning of your facility’s need for an experienced and reliable Van Driver, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. With my background in transporting disabled and elderly passengers safely to and from living facilities, errands and medical appointments, combined with my excellent communication and time management skills, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your establishment.
From adhering to schedules and maintaining safe driving practices to assisting passengers with embarking/disembarking and answering passenger inquiries, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With five years of experience coupled with my leadership and customer service talents abilities, I am prepared to thrive in this position.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Excelling as a driver for the Sunnydale Assisted Living Facility in Salem for the past five years, transporting residents to and from their home while providing the highest level of service, care, and safety.
- Keeping a steadfast commitment to safe driving practices and passenger security to ensure unparalleled service and timely, pleasant rider experiences.
- Performing daily vehicle cleanliness checks and documenting any malfunctions, incidents, or other issues.
- Demonstrating consistently superior interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills; earning ongoing praise from both management and residents.
With my experience and knowledge in passenger transportation, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to on-the-job excellence, I believe I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Gary M. Mullins