CDL Driver Cover Letter
CDL drivers transport commercial goods from one location to another driving large – usually freight – trucks. Typical responsibilities in this role include loading and unloading goods, inspecting and maintaining vehicles, logging deliveries, and updating records. A safe driving record and a current commercial driver’s license are all requirements in this position, in addition to a reliable and solid work ethic.
Sample cover letters show it’s useful to include the following skills and abilities:
- Transportation and delivery of goods
- Cargo and vehicle safety
- Loading and unloading
- Freightliner and freight truck expertise
- Mechanical and safety inspections
- Customer service
- Deadline compliance
- Daily logging and records
Please find below a cover letter for a CDL driver mentioning comparable experience and qualifications.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. King:
Upon learning of your posting for a CDL driver, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. With my background in commercial goods transportation and delivery, combined with my excellent communication and time management skills, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your company.
From loading/unloading goods and maintaining a safe driving record to minimizing loss/damage and interfacing professionally with customers, I have proven my ability to transport and deliver commercial goods in a safe and timely manner. With extensive experience as a CDL driver with Swanson International for the past 13 years, I stand ready to make a strong contribution and positively impact your team.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Excelling as a CDL driver with Swanson International from 2004 to 2017, transporting commercial products and goods from distribution centers to supermarkets and other retail establishments
- Keeping a steadfast commitment to safe driving and cargo security to ensure uninterrupted customer service and on-time, accurate deliveries
- Identifying the shortest routes and overall total expected driving times to and from specified destinations
- Inspecting all trucks for fuel and oil levels, spare parts, and other safety and mechanical functionality prior to and following trips; completing daily electronic logs
- Holding a current Class A and Class B CDL driver’s license
With my experience and knowledge in commercial goods transportation and delivery, coupled with my reliable attendance record and my solid work ethic, I believe I could quickly surpass your expectations. I look forward to discussing the position in detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Matthew E. Wasilewski