Delivery Driver Cover Letter
Delivery Drivers distribute products to company customers in a timely manner while also providing customer service. These employees drive vehicles weighing less than 26,000 pounds and work with all kinds of merchandise. Typical activities listed on a Delivery Driver resume include loading and unloading goods, maintaining records, keeping vehicles clean and in good order, collecting payments, attracting new customers, and solving customer complaints.
A sample cover letter for Delivery Driver should emphasize the following qualifications:
- Previous experience working as a delivery driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Safe driving skills
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Attention to safety
- The ability to work under pressure
- Effective communication
Similar Delivery Driver skills are included in the example cover letter visible below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Delivery Driver Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Hannon:
Upon learning of your posting for a Delivery Driver, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. With my experience in both small- and large-scale deliveries, combined with my excellent communication abilities and my flawless driving record, I am confident in my ability to substantially benefit Filomena’s Home Goods in this position.
From maintaining accurate records and inspecting vehicles to loading / unloading shipments and communicating professionally with customers and suppliers, my background has prepared me to surpass your expectations for this role. Coupled with my excellent experience in business deliveries, my leadership and time management abilities—along with my unwavering focus on customer service excellence—prepare me to excel in this role.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Planning and coordinating optimal delivery routes to maximize efficiency while cutting fuel costs.
- Loading and unloading vehicles with listed goods, ensuring proper and safe positioning while taking ample precautions with hazardous goods.
- Demonstrating expertise in local streets, arterials, and routes, as well as a solid knowledge of traffic laws and regulations and a valid commercial driver’s license.
- Completing Van Driver Training through ADEPT in August 2013.
- Utilizing superior interpersonal, problem-solving, and time management skills to generate peak results and performance.
With my experience and knowledge in business deliveries, coupled with my dedication to achieving optimal efficiency, I believe I could quickly achieve your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing how I can contribute to Filomena’s success in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Alfred J. Moya