Security Supervisor Cover Letter
Security Supervisors protect properties against vandalism and crimes. These employees have diverse responsibilities, from doing administrative work to patrolling premises. Examples of Security Supervisor duties include: operating electronic surveillance equipment, coordinating officers, identifying and restraining trespassers, implementing safety plans, sounding alarms, interviewing witnesses, controlling traffic on the property, permitting entry to visitors, and reporting to senior management.
Those looking to work as Security Supervisors should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Surveillance skills and observation spirit
- Physical fitness
- Decision-making and sound judgment
- Emotional stability and fast thinking
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Reporting skills
- Computer competences
Comparable Security Supervisor abilities are displayed in the example cover letter provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Security Supervisor Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Clark:
Upon learning of your search for a new Security Supervisor to oversee your team of premises officers at the Togan Shopping Center, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and successful manager with 14+ years of experience in facility security and protection, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your objectives in this role.
My background includes performing all aspects of building security in positions throughout my career, spanning initial roles as a security officer and progressing into supervisory positions, such as my most recent appointment as Security Supervisor for the Pointe Shopping Plaza. My expert ability to efficiently and effectively oversee guards and officers to protect properties from crimes including theft and vandalism—while enforcing all facility regulations and restrictions—is certain to make me an immediate asset to your mall. Additionally, I excel at assessing needs, implementing key improvements, and developing effective communication and organizational procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing a team of 11 uniformed security officers at the Pointe Shopping Plaza, working with this professional security staff in a leadership capacity to secure property and protect the general public through patrols, investigations, and law enforcement.
- Training and managing security guards in patrolling hallways, stairwells, walkways, and overall facility grounds and reporting any unusual and potentially dangerous activities.
- Responding to calls for service varying from tenant / patron assists and medical emergencies to in-progress thefts and physical confrontations.
- Building and maintaining excellent rapport with retail management, tenants, and customers while facilitating interior and exterior patrol services.
- Providing support to various departments such as loss prevention, maintenance, operations, housekeeping / janitorial, and external contractors.
- Demonstrating a steadfast dedication to providing outstanding premises security, enforcing policies and procedures to drive maximum safety while achieving facility goals.
My skills in premises safety and security have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths in communication and team leadership will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Wilford M. Barnette