Retail Team Leader
Directed projects and resources of 12 Retail Sales Representatives (RSR) and 4 brokers throughout Colorado, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Iowa, and Nebraska to win and maintain customers. Responsible for staffing and succession management of the team.
- Facilitated Joint Business Planning with customers as well as account and retail teams to develop Operating Plans to deliver retail sales objectives (Sales Budget of $ 9.5 million, New Items and Merchandising in 800 stores) and transferred Local Retail knowledge and successes to Account Management.
- Lead strategic priorities to execute major account promotions, pricing efforts, POG placement improvements, Speed to Shelf (Scan), and key product events (Wal-Mart, Hy-Vee, Safeway, Albertsons, Kroger, AWG, Fareway) while linking sales plan connectivity to sales team and customers.
- Leveraged IRI & Nielsen syndicated data to design strategy to improve share and identify opportunities with account managers by analyzing business trends and competitors strategies
- Conducted performance reviews, interim feedback sessions and development plans and prepared annual sales budget updates based on tracking and analyzing in market plan implementation
- Drove effective talent management through recruiting a dynamic team, hiring and training (co- Facilitated Fact Based Selling & K Camp - Account Management Training) direct sales representatives through developing analytical, technical and leadership skills. Trained and developed 6 RSR's to internal promotions
- Recognized as West Region Peak Performance Winner Q1 2009 (Team Driving Distribution at Hy-Vee Grocery Chain +$150 thousand in GSV)