Senior HR Manager
In charge of overseeing all HR and Payroll Departments, including recruiting, staffing, budgeting, benefits, legal, compliance, compensation and performance evaluation, with this Japanese/US manufacturer of automotive air compressors. Direct benefits plans, rate negotiations, vendor selection, claims data analysis, trend tracking and liability issues for all employee plans, worth a total of $27 million, with engagement from 500 workers. Perform risk management for local policies and implement global property and liability policies. Also handle vendor selection and plan administration for health & welfare, wellness resources and retirement programs. Advise top executives on organizational design, change management, career development and internal communications.
- Recognized by top executives in the US and Japan for smoothly directing HR operations in a cross-cultural environment.
- Key participant in working with Deming auditors and gaining ISO and TS certifications, as well as a "Texas Award for Excellence."
- Continually streamlined HR staff processes, while maximizing HR functions within workforces at 2 locations.
- Reduced benefits costs by $1.5 million over 2 years through extensive plan changes, corporate wellness program and higher employee engagement.
- Decreased worker's compensation costs by $250,000 after restructuring policy and claims processing.
- Guided the Retirement Plan Committee in minimizing fiduciary liability and improving internal communications.
- Designed, instituted and maintained a leadership development program for all organizational levels.
- Introduced a talent management platform that aligns sub-process objectives to enhance employee experience.