Human Resource Manager
Served as the human resource manager for a 35,000 square foot gaming center located at Divi Carina Bay, an all-inclusive beach resort. Supervised one human resource specialist in the administration of policies and procedures for 200+ employees. Oversaw maintenance of HRIS, human resource records, and the submission of required federal and local HR-related reports. Conducted all benefits-related activities, including orientation, enrollment, billing, record keeping, and compliance. Prepared EEOC, arbitration, unemployment, worker's compensation, and labor relations correspondence. Managed a $300,000 department budget and served as the acting general manager in the absence of the general manager.
- Successfully obtained $50,000 in grant money from the Casino Control Commission to train employees.
- Revised the onboarding process for exempt and non-exempt personnel, improving inter-departmental relationships and employee engagement.
- Authored, edited, and implemented a 96-page employee handbook, a first for the casino.
- Reduced compliance issues by developing and executing personnel policies and procedures.
- Organized employee recognition events, job fairs, and community outreach programs to improve employee relations and morale.
- Initiated a new wellness program working with health and wellness professionals to facilitate workshops and educate employees on the importance of living a healthy lifestyle.
- Partnered with corporate leaders to devise and implement an annual performance appraisal program.