Hotel Assistant Manager
Originally, I took this position for the amazing opportunity to be an entry level manager in this flagship hotel with some of the highest customer expectations in the nation, rightfully so, as guests paid an average of $400+ per night to stay. What role this position evolved into, prepared me for a career in top-notch customer service and to be able to strategize and problem solve quickly and efficiently in the best interest of my company.
- Maintained Maritz scores and held weekly operations meetings tracing scores and guest follow up.
- Directly contributed and focused on awareness around the property to increase Maritz Overall Satisfaction ranking from 82nd to 29th out of 115 Hyatt properties throughout 2008.
- Acted as Assistant Front Office Manager for 17 months including responsibilities such as employee training, discipline, & payroll in addition to regular duties.
- Controlled the concierge website for Hyatt Maui; editing content and ensuring departmental follow through on all guest requests.
- Conducted property walk-thrus daily for the General Manager.
- Implemented a management/guest lobby engagement project
- Assisted in increasing revenue by changing guestroom view categories where possible.