Developed [company name]'s U.S. treasury HQ in collaboration with colleagues from Japan. Manager and dealer for commercial paper program, loans and deposits, interest rate hedging program, arbitrage program, medium-term note program, and long-term bond program. Banking administrator and credit agency administrator. Performed all accounting duties for treasury HQ.
- Expanded in-house treasury system to accommodate interest rate hedging, arbitrage, and new in-house bank.
- Facilitated critical funding initiatives:
- Established $6 billion private placement CP and subsequent $6 billion medium-term note program (the largest and most innovative acquisition funding scheme at the time). Achieved funding cost of 50 basis points under target level.
- Provided funding for many new manufacturing companies in the U.S. using interest rate swaps and caps. Delivered overall savings of 6-12 basis points.
- Set up arbitrage program selling proceeds of commercial paper issuance back to dealers (REPO). Realized profit of 25+ basis points or $1+ million per year.