Directed federal, state, local and international tax compliance functions with staff of 3 supervisors and filing over 300 returns through OneSource(TM) tax software. Filed various reports and returns, including tax estimates and extension payments, Canadian T-2 returns, Federal TD 90-22-1, and Forms 5471.
- Created worksheets for FAS 109 tax provision analysis, and FIN 48 documentation and disclosures, complying with ASC 740 regulations.
- Directed IRS Audit by researching and responding to over 50 IDRs.
- Negotiated New York State income tax audit assessment from $780K to $434K.
- Trained and coached interns and new tax accountants, ensuring smooth transition into department.
- Closed out on-going state income tax audits, responding to IDRs and negotiating favorable settlements.
- Saved substantial amount of money for company by preparing federal 990 returns for Panera Bread Foundation and state not-for-profit returns, eliminating external accounting firm fees.