Fixed Income Analyst
Made buy, sell, and hold recommendations directly to portfolio managers based upon fundamental and relative value analysis, assisted the derivatives desk with the development, research, and execution of trades to augment fixed income investment strategies, executed buy and sell trades for several different mutual funds and a variety of separate accounts.
- Performed independent investment research on fixed income instruments issued by both high grade and emerging market issuers, examined financial statements and forecast balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow items for their impact on specific bonds, prepared fundamental industry analysis of domestic and international issuers of fixed income instruments for investment opportunities.
- Evaluated the impact of various interest rate curve shifts on the total return of individual securities and portfolios, analyzed a variety of trade possibilities for the impact on the overall structure of the portfolio and the compliance with investment guidelines.
- Considered the relative value between corporate bonds, treasuries, agencies, and mortgage-backed securities for allocation decisions, researched sector, quality, coupon, and maturity distributions of investment portfolios relative to competitive funds.
- Participated in investment committee meetings that made strategic decisions regarding the management of asset strategy mutual funds, served on the money market credit committee and set limits and approval guidelines for the investments of money market portfolios, made formal presentations on emerging market corporate bonds to senior portfolio managers that resulted in the purchase of additional securities for the funds.
- Utilized fixed income performance attribution systems to evaluate the specific source of total return across multiple fixed income securities, prepared monthly investment reports for the fixed income mutual funds that were given to senior management for monitoring risk, monitored and maintained database files that were used to track the compliance of separately managed accounts with established investment guidelines.