Financial Service Representative
Responsible for applying the company's credit and collection policies, practices and procedures in customer account management, and for performing all collection activities for customer accounts assigned by territories and/or channel types in accordance with the company's credit policy and practices in a manner that will result in maximum sales, sound receivables and prompt conversion to cash. Achieve and maintain corporate targets for DSO, Currency, and bad debt. Maintained over 2000 commercial accounts in 60 stores over Orlando and Miami districts with limited supervision within a week of taking new position.
- Analyze risk exposure based on customer payment patterns, credit sources and by performing financial analysis. Review accounts to identify past due customers and to determine proper course of action.
- Plan and maintain a program for the systematic follow up and collection of amounts due.
- Communicate with customers to update payments. Work with sales management to establish and monitor credit for marginal risk accounts. Contact appropriate customers, in writing or in person when necessary, to correct, prevent or minimize delinquency.
- Monitor credit limit compliance; takes appropriate action when limits are exceeded; recommends credit limit changes. Build strong relationships within customer hierarchy to help resolve complex issues
- Request or approve reinstatement of credit privilege, when necessary.
- Prepare write-off, adjustments and agency claims as needed and accounts for 3rd party collections
- Exceeded departmental quota on daily collection calls by 10% or more and was recognized as a top performer.