Product Development Engineer
Manage multiple development projects as Technical Project Lead; plan and coordinate all facets of projects, including project scope, requirements gathering, workflow prioritization, budget administration, resource allocation, and testing activities. Communicate with key stakeholders in various areas, including Marketing, Regulatory, Safety / Toxicology, Quality, Operations, and International Marketing; guide contracted manufacturers and vendors located in China and Switzerland to manufacture products developed, ensuring on-time completion. Facilitate consumer guidance meetings to conduct tests for market feedback. Integrate Design for Lean Six Sigma (DLSS) techniques in order to optimize product development; lead project design reviews that include design input, design output, FMEA evaluation, and FTA analysis. Supervise design review teams comprised of up to 10 members.
- Served as Project Lead for numerous development projects that were successfully launched, generating $1M-$10M annually in incremental sales.
- Decreased top consumer complaints more than 50%; developed and implemented Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for complaint management.
- Implemented established testing protocols; introduced new testing procedures that resolved identified gaps in data.
- Led mapping of PLM specification system for medical devices; efforts facilitated efficient product development activities.
- Instrumental in analyzing and reducing product costs through good-to-great product cost reductions.
- Integral during product integrations; prioritized workflow to ensure smooth transition from purchase of product brand through integration within existing product portfolio.
- Drove productivity and enhanced product development by delivering hands-on training sessions to summer interns and new associate engineers regarding standard procedures for design history files, complaint management, and product testing.