Marine Engineer, (amptc) Ship
Operated and maintained engine room equipment including hydraulics, boilers, compressors, valves, turbochargers, air conditioners, pumps, oily water separators, fresh water generators, incinerators and purifiers.
- Served on management and safety teams as a senior officer during weekly meetings with ship captain.
- Implemented new projects to ensure proper tank petroleum pressure with inert gas (IG).
- Worked with B&W 6S60Mc main engines and boilers, single twin screw, two sets marine boiler, AALBORG Mission 'OL' 2500, and 25000 Kg/hr.
- Maintained watch on main engine as first engine room assistant under 2nd engineer in charge.
- Watched refrigeration or other machinery not essential to propulsion of the vessel and auxiliary engines separated from main propelling units for any function-related issues.
- Maintained monthly inventory of spare parts/equipment.