Assembly Process Engineer
Responsible for module assembly. Led assembly team of up to 8 people to achieve daily production and yield goals. Worked with different groups to set goals, priorities and schedules. Provided build instructions, monitored processes, solved process issues, disposed non-conforming materials, monitored process Cpk, yields and quality, reported build/yield data, yield improvements, etc
- New product development. Involved in material selection and incoming material inspection. Worked with a team to develop and improve new processes. Built 21 new types of modules.
- Worked with different teams to qualify new tools, new processes and new materials. Wrote qualification reports.
- Worked with a team to investigate one major yield loss issue and introduced a short term solution to increase assembly yield from ~50% to high 90%.
- Created and updated documents including work instructions, operation procedures, process control, PM documents, training documents, etc.
- Experience with DOE, FMEA, CAR, ECN, and ISO, etc.