Develop engineering designs. Use CAD software. Prepare cost estimates, performance work statements, and specifications for existing and proposed facilities. Design concrete and asphalt pavements. Perform simple load calculations for horizontal and vertical construction. Act as liaison between design, review, construction, and using agencies.
- Performs drafting duties. Interpret rough engineering sketches to produce working drawings using manual and CAD techniques. Produce architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical drawings. Update Base Comprehensive Plans (BCP) and maintains record drawings. Plot and reproduce drawings.
- Performs GIS duties. Link computerized maps to databases displaying detailed information via the web.
- Create geographic coverages. Develop database structures. Create and populate feature codes. Link graphical data to relational databases. Develop query routines for end-user applications.
- Performs surveying duties. Conduct reconnaissance, site location, construction, and mapping surveys while operating manual and electronic surveying equipment.
- Collect, convert, and present field survey data for civil engineering projects. Maintain equipment.