Sr. Unix Administrator / Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Unix Administrator in charge of setting the company's standards for usage and implementation of VCS and Veritas Volume Management on AIX and Solaris. Built disaster recovery systems and validated DR procedures. Assumed basic Sybase administration responsibilities to provide base support. Created and lead training to other Unix administrators, database administrators and other IT personnel. Established the Solaris security standards and developed tools for validating the SOX security compliance of Unix systems. Responsible for other Unix administrative tasks such as system builds, patching/upgrades, scripting, and assisting the offshore team with difficult technical issues that arise.
- Engineered the configuration of Veritas clusters installed on AIX and Solaris systems. Expert in clusters using CVM/CFS shared file systems, Oracle RAC and VVR volume replication.
- Created custom VCR and VVR resources, triggers and monitors to adapt or enhance cluster abilities and meet specialized requirements.
- Set up Disaster Recovery systems, establishes and tests DR procedures and functionality.
- Selected and sent to India to train Capgemini's off-shore administrators in AIX and Veritas volume administration, PowerPath, VCS clustering and Solaris administration.
- Set up AIX NIM build procedures, images and first boot scripts to standardize system builds. Built and managed AIX LPAR partitions on IBM Power series (P5, P6, P7) systems and IBM Blade servers.
- Built and managed Sun domains on Sun Fire […] series systems.
- Performed basic Sybase administration activities allowing Capgemini to provide base level DBA support and emergency recovery services.
- Develops complex scripts and tools for building cluster service configurations, SAN device management, SRDF configuration validation, SOX compliance validation and automated product installations.