Supervised a 24x7 Operations Team Supplying Network, Application, System and Hardware Support for 32 Customers
- Utilized Multiple Monitoring Applications to Insure Availability, Integrity and Confidentiality
- Managed Budgets for Training, Hardware/Software and Employee Compensations
- Implemented Intensive Internal Training and Developed Processes and Procedures to Insure Employee Satisfaction, Efficient Customer Support and Company Savings
- Worked with All Support and Managerial Teams to Integrate New Customers and Maintain Current Contracts
- Created Disaster Recovery Plans and Reported Significant Events to Customers and Support Staff with Resolutions and Proactive Procedures to Avoid Future Outages.
at this job
Lead Operations Engineer and NOC Manager for regional Internet Provider with responsibilities over network and systems infrastructure teams as well as management of call-center support team
- Administration over Cisco Routers and Switches, Frame-Relay Circuits, Windows, Solaris and FreeBSD Servers, Email and Web Hosting, customer facing DNS and Authentication
- Performed upgrade of dial-in remote access services to comply with V.92 Dial-Up standard
- Led IP Re-Design of 10,000+ user network and implemented BGP to create a fault-tolerant network topology
at this job
Increased Tier 2 incident resolution from 22% to 81% in the span of 12 months, resulting in decreased escalation volume to Tier 3 systems engineers.
- Cultivated growth and development of the Network Operations Center, resulting in 50% increase in shift coverage and cross-training opportunities for managed personnel.
- Developed high-level KPI reports for senior leadership, resulting in increased management visibility of problematic production systems monitored by the NOC and driving strategic problem resolution.
- Coordinated with Tier 3 engineers to author ITIL-compliant SOPs and OLAs for Tier 2 incident response, resolution, and escalation, resulting in a 59% increase in Tier 2 effectiveness.
- Performed Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery planning following industry best-practices, which lead to a 50% increase in critical monitoring systems outage preparedness.
- Authored and published KnowledgeBase templates and documentation requirements across IT operations department, resulting in a 90% increase in actionable documentation for critical systems.
- Developed automation scripts, resulting in reduced time spent by Tier 2 operators on manual tasks.
- Implemented policy changes that lead to increased functional reach of the Tier 2 NOC team.
at this job
Help Desk-noc Manager/operations Manager
Help Desk and NOC Manager in the MSP arena, providing support and maintenance for client's infrastructure, disaster recovery, business continuity, and business applications from small to enterprise level clients. Directly supervise 11 team members, to include a service coordinator, systems engineers, NOC analyst, and Help Desk analyst. Complete oversight and operational direction and guidance of all support and project related activities. Create and provide technician user support training related to soft skills, technical skills, processes, and procedures. Developed team metrics, goals, and project plan to align performance metrics and projects with goals. Performed data and scheduling analysis to capture and track trends and incidents that drive calls, and increased productivity through schedule and staffing adjustments. Completed 90 Day and Annual Performance Reviews for all team members. Operations Manager responsibilities included effective client account management, developing and maintaining relationships, ensuring projects and issues are addressed, and managed branch technical and engineering resources. Instrumental in the client account management process, retaining all clients, and renewing 2 contracts. Addressed escalated client issues and incidents, and managed systems engineers and architects to complete SOW and other managed services and IT related projects. Managed critical outages and escalations, and served as client liaison, providing timely summary updates and feedback.
- Addressed over 39,000 support calls, 27,000 support emails, and over 130,000 alerts
- Supported over 6900 devices including servers, routers, firewalls, and workstations
- Established all performance metrics and established processes and procedures SLA
- Reduced averaged talk time from 13:46 to 9:47 through training and effective call management strategies
- Created Knowledge Base index for client and account documentation, increasing proficiency and time to resolution
- Improved customer satisfaction surveys to from 67% to 95%
- Managed IT implementation projects and client on-boarding/off-boarding
- Developed Workstation Management process as part of Help Desk services
at this job
NMCI NOC Manager
Directed initial stand-up and acceptance phases of San Diego's NMCI Network Operations Center (NOC) established clear accountability for service delivery and implemented fundamental disciplines to reduce and eliminate significant reliability problems.
- Introduced more organized and efficient operations to attain an on-schedule completion of the NOC build out.
- Achieved an Interim Authority to Connect (IATC) and Interim Authority to Operate (IATO) on first effort with only minor considerations.
- Established NMCIs Definitive Software Library (DSL) to serve as repository of all technical and build information; DSL is still in place today.
at this job
Internet Data Center & NOC Manager
Conducted weekly meetings with other Operations, Facilities and Project Managers to discuss customer statuses, new build-outs, maintenance, upgrades, move-ins and move-outs.
- Interacted with outside customers on a daily basis to coordinate services offered and up-sell new services
- Involved in the SAS70 and ISO 9000 Auditing and certification processes
- Managed a group of 20+ NOC and Systems Engineers in a […] web-hosting and managed services environment in multiple locations in the South Bay Area of SF California.
- Performed System Implementations, Disaster Recovery, Tape Backups and Rotations, Hard and Soft Rebooting of servers, Foundry/Juniper/Cisco switch and router installations, LAN design, tour guiding and customer relations, Installing and taking down Server Racks, Cabling and Cross-Connecting.
- Maintained employee schedules, performed quarterly reviews, disciplinary actions, hiring and training
- Successfully lead a project of consolidating two Internet Data Centers and migrating customer's websites, servers and other equipment.
at this job
NOC Manager, Global Contact Center Incident
- Managed a team of 30 engineers supporting all HP voice and contact center infrastructures.
- Responsible for reporting and metrics to senior management in IT, Business Unit and Trade Client Contact Centers.
- Implemented ITIL (Information Technology Information Library) problem and incident management process resolving more than 15,000 tickets per month.
- Worked directly with clients to resolve major incidents, outages and ongoing problems that impacted SLAs.
- Developed metric reporting process to identify accurately patterns within systematic flow of information generated by major incidents to gain valuable insight on client single points of failure and lack of redundancy.
- Established cross-functional collaboration teams, providing real-time information related to connectivity among contact centers and other critical business unit areas involved in day-to-day operations.
at this job
National NOC Manager
Developed and Managed two new NOC's, in the US and Pakistan
- Coordinated Managed of multiple related projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives.
- Built credibility, establish rapport, and maintained communications with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Created and Managed Project Plan for NOC CISCO Audit (passed Audit on first Pass)
- Coached, mentored and trained personnel within a technical team environment.
- Produced project plan for Training Procedures for 16 Engineers
at this job
Senior IT Specialist/noc Manager/helpdesk Manager/exchange Manger
Provided leadership to the installation, configuration and maintenance of all SBA network computer systems. Additionally,
- Managed 25 contractor employees comprised of Network Engineers, System Administrators and computer programmers.
- Provided technical oversight and management of the upgrade of Microsoft Exchange 5.5 to 2003 which ensured the agencies readiness for advancement and compliance agency wide.
- Partnered with senior level specialists in support of the migration of Windows 2000 to Windows XP operating systems within the SBA for distribution to all SBA's field offices.
- Led and facilitated testing procedures and enterprise wide guidelines and tutorials for all security applications dealing with the transferring of SBA's user account information from Microsoft Exchange 5.5 to 2003.
- Established curriculum and participated actively in the support of the Network Operations Center (NOC) and Helpdesk monitoring and servicing of all Network systems, hardware and software applications.
- Performed the exchange administrator duties resolving issues with restoring mailboxes, adding access to user's calendars, creating and deleting email accounts for new and retired employees.
- Established and managed the created of images for laptops, desktops and servers which were installed on new and pre-purchased computer systems.
at this job
- Designed an environmental monitoring system for a remote a site for a loss of power condition utilizing existing equipment and minimal hardware.
- Researched, developed and executed MOP to hardware upgrade the Nortel DX system without having customer impact in the field.
- Supervised the NOC second Shift to monitor and respond to alarms in the PPL network.
- Reviewed, Coordinated and aided in the execution of all MOPS network changes
- Performed daily reporting and status of events per night
at this job