Reporting to the CFO, hired to assume full IT leadership for $100M manufacturing firm. Member of Executive Team contributing to company growth and tactical strategies. Challenged to improve systems, business processes, computing infrastructure and standards to stabilize systems and drive increases in productivity. Manage $3M operating budget and staffs of up to 13.
- Noted for transforming IT department from reactive troubleshooters to proactive business partners that support business growth. Audited systems and supporting processes and led initiatives in collaboration with business users to identify areas for improvement.
- Consolidated 3 disparate computer systems into 1 efficient AS/400 integrated with Windows Network and Exchange servers.
- Recognized for turning around failing ERP software implementation that included full migration to new computing platform (AS/400). Reconfigured project plans, reallocated resources, established accountability and successfully implemented new software in 90 days.
- Upgraded EDI system to integrate fully with ERP system resulting in faster turnaround and greater accuracy.
- Instituted Video Conferencing process with overseas manufacturing facilities that dramatically reduced travel and communications issues.
- Upgraded staff skills, reallocated responsibilities and reduce staff while improving service and response times.