Computer Service Technician, Level II (isc, Bronx)
Performs preventive maintenance and technical support, address and resolve any problems or questions on Windows OS, Apple OS, printers, and any related pertinent network technology.
- Provides customer and technical support service to iZone schools and administrative sites via telephone, fax, e-mail and in person.
- Reimage Laptops and Desktops using Ghost 11.5 or Disk Utility with proper DOE image
- Patch Cisco Switches and panels in the MDF as needed
- Provides support for applications, e.g., Internet, E-Mail, HSST/STARS client and joining desktop computers to the Central DOE domain.
- Utilizes and maintains a database system & tracking system (BMC Magic) to access, provide information, track problems, to reflect action taken, response given and inquiries forwarded for further assistance.
- Gathers customer's information to determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing all inquiries and requests. Follow-up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary.
- Interfaces with users, vendors, and Central technical staff to resolve network problems