Computer Engineer Cover Letter
Computer Engineers design, develop and test computer components and build computer systems based on the industry-specific needs of their employers. Common work activities include designing and creating schematics for computer equipment, testing completed computer hardware, analyzing test results and adjusting processes as necessary, overseeing the manufacturing process of computer hardware and maintaining knowledge of the latest trends of computer hardware.
Below are some of the skills and qualifications typically found on a Computer Engineer cover letter.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Advanced computer and programming skills
- Mathematical acumen
- Creative thinking
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of common programming languages
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Detail orientated
The Computer Engineer cover letter below highlights some of these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Computer Engineer Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Kathy,
I am writing you to submit my resume for the position of Computer Engineer. My Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and two years of experience as a Computer Engineer have taught me the skills I need to be a good fit at your organization.
My professional experience includes two years as a Computer Engineer for Liberty Technologies. During this time I oversaw the production of wireless routers, circuit boards and CPU motherboards, and I considered quality assurance to be my most important responsibility. I think my dedication to quality and respect for my employer’s standards are two qualities that will help me make an impact at Seismic Technologies.
Here are some highlights of my skills and accomplishments:
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from Duke University
- Helped create and implement quality assurance SOP
- Implemented regular testing and maintenance program for all components of the production process
- Increased employer’s quality efficiency percentage by 5 percent in 2015
- Stayed abreast of latest hardware trends and implemented knowledge in product innovation process
I think one of the qualities that sets me apart from other candidates is my mental flexibility. I can use logic and reasoning to solve complex problems, and I can use creative thinking during innovation brainstorms. If you think I’d be a good fit for your organization, then please don’t hesitate to contact me for an interview. Thank you for your consideration.
Teresa T. Roper