Business Unit Manager
Managed shop floor production of all business units with more than $100M plan for wireline products. Collaborated with procurement / planning, engineering, quality and HSE (health, safety and environment) to meet production goals. Led three to four direct reports and 45-60 indirect reports.
- Improved on-time delivery of production from 77% to 93% by using continuous improvement methods and instilling teamwork between functional groups.
- Oversaw move of shop floor to new location and improved layout by implementing Lean concepts to improve overall flexibility and product flow. Reduced footprint by 20% resulting in $200K cost savings.
- Improved repair turnaround time of assets by working directly with the customer and scheduling repairs along with production. Developed a plan for long lead time components needed for repairs.
- Led safety Hoshin initiative to improve safety performance and safety culture of wireline group resulting in zero recordable incidents over the last year.
- Led Hoshin to analyze Standard Cost Variance (SCV) and make improvements to reduce by monitoring materials and labor applications.
- Served as interim HSE manager for one quarter during SSA audit and VPP audit preparation.