Coordination and management of entire payroll function which includes collecting, entering, balancing, processing, and distributing weekly payroll for 500+ employees in multiple states with various pay types (volume-based pay, hourly, salary, daily)
- Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy and federal, state and IRS regulations
- Entering new hires, terminations and employee changes such as tax status, voluntary deductions, and various other
- Working with HR to complete necessary regulatory forms & application updates for new hires and terminations; complete other documents as needed
- Analyze, audit, and reconcile payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Interprets pay policies, (e.g., vacation, LOA, disability, workers compensation, union contracts, government regulations, withholding exemptions, etc.) and ensures appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated and applied to the various accounts correctly.
- Set up & process payments for 401K, Garnishments, Child Support orders, and Tax Levy's