Accounts Payable Team Leader
Supervised, managed, Accounts Payable Systems Specialists, conducted annual professional development appraisals and salary recommendations. Liaised between MIS development and management of department, including Payroll, Purchasing, Tax, Fixed Asset, General Ledger, and various major distribution / vendors. Successfully managed over 35,000-trade-vendor database, 4,000 employee expense reimbursement accounts, and 60,000 customer refunds annually. Supervised and managed over $250,000 checks and Electronic Funds Transfers amounting over $300,000,000 annually. Actively supported, collaborated and assisted Disbursements Manager ensuring proper classification of expenses and liabilities.
- System Implementation supervised monitored accounts payable electronic data interfaces while working collaboratively with E-Commerce Manager.
- Initiated new policies and procedures, supporting systems applications, improving accounting workflow throughout corporation.
- Effectively established internal / external Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) accounting audit controls policies and procedures.
- Organized and managed distribution and annual government reporting tax information of 1,500 W-9 and 1099 forms.
- Oversight of AP audits and interface for internal and external audits purposes
- Reconcile AP to the general ledger
- Handle all AP reporting to Management
- Train, develop, hire and motivate employees
- Various project work