A global financial firm located throughout the U.S.A., Canada, Europe and Asia
- Worked as an Independent Contractor provisioning voice and data services for the New York, New Jersey offices, branch sites and client sites.
- Managed the ordering, relocation, addition and upgrades of dial tone services including Centrex, DID, Toll Free, DSL, ISDN and FIOS.
- Collaborated with company technology teams to obtain vendor price quotes and served as a liaison between the technology team and telecommunication vendors. Provisioned T1/T3 circuits and Sonet Ring requests.
- Managed installation projects ensuring timely completion and startup within prescribed deadlines.
- Researched and analyzed employees at home services. Disconnected non essential services. Cost savings 200K yearly.
- Maintained, ordered and tracked internal inventory for Centrex, Avaya, Cisco IP phones, polycoms and headsets. Procured pricing from Telesource, Data Dimension, Headsets.com and various suppliers.
at this job
Telecommunications Specialist - Central Office Technician
- Installed, provisioned, tested and maintained DS0 thru OC192 services.
- Performed preventive/scheduled maintenance and inspections on all types of central office equipment and on the critical infrastructure including high-voltage electrical systems and DC Power Plants.
- Maintained workload through a priority, detailed each trouble ticket with log notes of steps taken, test results and resolution data.
- Troubleshot and repaired customer and network troubles. Removed and replaced defective modules. Proactively responded to potential problem areas in order to ensure integrity of the network.
- Performed disconnects, activations and coordinated migrations of customer services.
- Attended professional functions such as meeting and schools to develop a high level of knowledge in the latest data network technology.
at this job