Responsible for implementation of tool and process improvements in order to reduce test cycle times.
- Recruited and mentored a world-class QE team of 18.
- Introduced several key processes that improved project schedule integrity and product quality, such as templates for test plans, code reviews, and formal technical reviews
- Developed a SQA wiki based intranet site for process documents, test results, metrics, mentoring guidelines, etc.
- Led automation efforts using Selenium open source web automation framework.
- Hands-on manager that assisted in many areas of the test effort by developing and executing tests for all areas of tool, database, and web application server functionality.
- Managed overall quality for electronic evidence and forensics processing infrastructure and over 40 tools based on an Oracle 9i/10g database.
- Organized SQA team into functional roles to inject focus into overall efforts and eliminate historic inconsistent ad-hoc testing.
at this job
Senior SQA Manager
Lead, managed, and mentored a global team of QA engineers located in Bangalore (India), Bellevue (WA), and Toronto (Canada). Coordinated testing resources and assigned priorities.
- Responsible for testing methodology, processes and test automation at Information Recovery Management division of EMC.
- Hired QA engineers, conducted performance reviews, and developed job descriptions.
- Defined strategy for requirements-based testing. Introduced and supported documentation of functional requirements as use cases in HP Quality Center. Improved quality of EMC NetWorker through requirements test coverage and traceability.
- Developed original templates for test plan, test design spec, and test case documentation that combine IEEE 829 with IBM Rational RUP methodology.
- Developed original flexible test automation architecture for data-driven tests by integrating HP Quality Center, QuickTest Pro, and VAPI-XP scripts.
- Made a successful presentation 'Organizing Test Data for Reusable Scripts in HP Quality Center' at HP Software Universe 2007 at Las Vegas.
- Designed and implemented the division's QA web portal as a central place for QA knowledge transfer using EMC Documentum eRoom.
at this job
Managed on-shore and offshore Quality Assurance Engineers testing cell phone location estimation product for the E911 compliance. Delivered feature, systems test cases and results. Providing technical QA leadership and career guidance.
- Enhanced team's performance and bug find rate by re-prioritizing team's test efforts. Improved defect find rates by introducing feature test plans, detailed test cases and driving regression testing automation initiatives.
- Tested web GUI, hardware installation procedures & performance, and file upload from test plans for the gathering of cell phone signal information.
- Implemented development process improvement by influencing peer and senior managers. Aligned test resources with development efforts by coordinating with Director of Software Engineering.
- Used Perl Scripting knowledge/training to review scripting performed by team members. Evaluated and decided on TestPartner for GUI testing
at this job
Overall Hands-on SQA Manager responsibilities with a test team of 18, including geographically dispersed staff, developed test artifacts and strategies for moderately complex projects
- Planned, designed, build and executed quality assurance activities required for testing software configurations and functionality for Debt Collection system
- Managed day to day activities of functional and technical testing staff, ensured goals are met on time, and within defined scope and quality
- Contributed towards development and execution of test cases for various stages like Smoke, Integration, End-to-End, Regression, User Acceptance, Usability and Ad-hoc testing.
- Developed system integration and acceptance test strategy in deadline-driven environment.
- Handled all aspects of recruiting, hiring/assignments, employee reviews and alignment of skills
- Planned and managed the test phases of all team projects, worked collaboratively with software development and project management to develop test requirements and plans to ensure thorough coverage for each project
- Enhanced testing process and coverage, and mentor team members to advance testing methods, ensuring full test coverage
- Maintained relationships with internal and external partners to ensure the delivered services meet the needs of the stakeholders
at this job
- Led the QA Enterprise team's testing of the companies first billable services software supervising and executing independent validation of in-house sponsored projects.
- Managed the QA validation of the IB&T Basel II initiative, keeping stakeholders apprised of risks and contingencies. This contributed to the project being completed ahead of schedule and improved the external image of the company.
- Hired and led the QA team, created project schedules, coached team in test case authoring and requirements traceability resulting in a 75% reduction of defects in production.
at this job
- Managed operation and project planning of software quality assurance department in MSB (both employees and contracted outsource team in Shanghai, China). MSB provides enterprise B2B and B2C internet real estate property valuation/cost data and associated desktop/web software (.NET, VB, ASP) to insurance industry to support the customer's work flow with accurate cost information from MSB coordinated/constructed data source (SQL, Oracle).
- Managed all aspects of activity of the team including new release/product testing (general releases, and customized client releases), frequent update testing to incorporate new data and customer configurations, and implementation support testing of all MSB products. Typical cycle include requirement analysis, use case study, test planning, test case design/automation (QTP, SoapSonar), test execution (include performance testing using SilkPerformer, VisualStudio), defect review/control, release sign off, implementation, and customer issue resolution support.
- Coordinated with cross functional team (including project management, database development, web development, production support, product management, account management, etc.) to ensure timely and quality delivery of each release.
- Initiated strategic plans to improve test coverage (in particular, backend automated testing and load/performance testing) and efficiency of the department utilizing/designed metric measurements and tracking of process and resource.
- Crafted and led vendor selection process to facilitation outsourcing vendor evaluation. Reviewed and constructed outsourcing contract and statement of works.
at this job
SQA Manager - Quality and Software Validation & Verification
Managed, lead, coached, mentored a team of Engineers/Technicians testing and reporting issues during development of mobile applications shipped in more than 400 Millions Samsung Galaxy devices.
- Responsible for test planning, test cases creation and test execution during development of 11 applications in multimedia, messaging, email, internet radio and health care.
- Implemented Automated Testing in 27% of the test cases for Instant Messenger and Email projects using Robotium, Selenium Webdriver and iOS Instruments reducing test execution from 3 hours to 12 minutes.
- Improved Test Process in the areas of Test Strategy, Test Planning, Test Design & Execution and Test Environment promoting the maturity level from Initial to Managed according to TMMi reference model.
at this job
- Responsible for daily operation of QA lab and testing of large scale SAN system software.
- Coordinated with developers to establish thorough test procedures that helped meet deadlines.
- Managed schedules and lab resources to maximize testing effectiveness and improve quality.
- Implemented new lab policies and testing procedures to help meet planned release dates.
- Produced and distributed weekly progress and bug status reports for all active test cycles.
- Tested iSCSI SAN clients for Red Hat and SUSE Linux, AIX and HP-UX operating systems.
- Wrote and executed test cases for uPNP AV multimedia RAID storage appliances.
- Compiled source for uPNP AV servers to test interoperability with storage appliances.
at this job
NMS Sit/sqa Manager
- Managed SIT and SQA activities for Reporting System, Generic Polling Process (GPP) and HP Open View (NNM).
- Verified MRS, PRS against GPP build on oracle database and reporting system using Oracle forms and reports (6i).
- Test plans and test case writing for NMS integration using product requirements specification, product architecture, system specification and Functional Specification.
- Planned and scheduled test cases execution to verify Network, Routes, Links for control and data plane created by internal or external protocols including OSPF, RIP, BGP, IGRP, MPLS, GMPLS, LDP and CR-LDP using FCAPS of NMS and Ixia test Equipments.
- Used embedded software to configure optical switch and routers with modules like Higher Level Controller Module (HCM), Lower Level Controller Module, CR-LDP, Routing, Link Management Protocol (LMP), and Redundancy.
at this job
QA Engineer (sqa Manager)
Lead QA team to perform software quality assurance on Lexus vehicle Telematics mobile application for iOS and Android platform [Lexus Enform Remote is released to APP Store and Google Play in July, 2014]
- Manage software release process with software release note, production test and server upload
- Develop test plan and test cases (over 3000 cases) based on Business Requirements, USE CASE and design documents to validate Lexus Enform Remote mobile application including smart device, server and vehicle.
- Perform defect analysis and review in JIRA to correct and improve the software quality
- Create test environment and test tools to facilitate the integration testing.
- Create/Review/Revise Company QA/Release processes and procedures.
at this job