Senior QA Engineer
QA team lead for the 'Connected Backup Web Services' group, comprised of internal and off-shore staff. Responsible for on-time validation of release deliverables for a PC data protection, backup and recovery, application (client/server Java/JSF/C++).
- Responsible for automated test development, and maintenance, within the QA automation harness and regression test suite. GUI and command-line based automation developed with Python v2.4 and SilkTest v8.
- Participated in all phases of the quality assurance effort, including design review, project planning, test plan/case development, automated and manual test execution, and defect reporting.
- Led test efforts for several new product enhancements, including a critical Bandwidth Throttling feature.
- Participated in all testing phases; including regression, new feature, hot fix, and localized / international testing.
- Represented QA at Microsoft's campus for application compatibility testing on the Vista OS.
- Assumed active release engineering role to maintain an existing automated, distributed build system (Ant/Python/Perl).
at this job