Lead engineer on the [company name] (Multimedia Message Service Gateway) which delivers the multimedia messages to the mobile handsets. Used: Jboss 4.x, Oracle, Ant.
- Implemented the pass by reference feature, which reduced bandwidth of the client request and at same time maintain flexibility of MM7.
- Implemented the integration with multiple MMSCs.
- Cleaned up the [company name] legacy code base, by removing the dead business logic, by 20%.
- Increased test coverage on the [company name] code base by 30%.
- Wrote a new MM7 library to replace deprecated Openwave library.
- Hand-on diagnosed on production issues and resolved them as quickly as possible.
at this job
Lead nuclear control engineer for the FY 11 Super Dry Docking of the USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76)
- Coordinated work with the various divisions of the ship, the test engineering division, and production
- Managed resources and created required manning plan. Managed up to 15 engineers at a time.
- Performed major upgrade of Reactor I&C equipment in 20% less man days than the previous project (CVN 68 FY10)
- Interacted with high ranking individuals ranging from NAVSEA representatives to the ships CO.
- Prioritized and assigned work to engineers to support project schedule
at this job
Responsible for design and integration of all Spall Liner required for the Ground Combat Vehicle. Reviewed Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL), evaluated requirements and developed requirement verification plan. Identified risks/issues/opportunities (RIO) and associated mitigation plans and participated in RIO boards. Supported development, update, review, and issuing of the Design Requirements Compliance Metrics (DRCM). Performed trade-off studies and evaluated/ recommended design solution using Design Decision Memo (DDM). Supported Interface Control Working Group in development of interface control document (ICD) and supported Reliability Group in Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA). Participated in development of Automotive Systems Architecture with Architecture Group. Independently managed budget, schedule, and materials tracking. Designed complete spall liner installation and developed a unique integration solution. Planned testing procedures and coordinated test activities.
- Successfully executed all planned test events on schedule and under budget.
- Presented test reports consisting of compiled and analyzed data to senior management.
- Collaborated with the customer and test range management team to evaluate and identify spall liner requirement issues. Presented requirement issues and recommendations to upper management.
- Implemented changes to standard test assets design resulting in manufacturing cost savings of 70% for Titanium assets and 40% for Steel assets.
at this job
Technical Lead Engineer
Developed, coded, tested, and implemented effective software solutions focused on usability and scalability of interfaces for the M3 AMHS product.
- Designed solution to handle all aspects of real-time message profiling with the creation of new Profile Management (PM) CSC.
- Created and implemented new Message Assembly (MA) CSC to address all aspects of AUTODIN sectioned messages.
- Wrote scripts to rebuild corrupted search engine message databases, monitor real-time system performance, and ensure 100% message accountability on both primary and backup servers.
- Applied the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Optimized the value and performance of the team through mentoring and team-oriented planning initiatives.
at this job
Lead Engineer - Product Approval (pa)
Sole responsibility for ensuring that all product design changes including new designs as well as cost and quality improvements on all built-in refrigerators (BIR), top mount refrigerators, Model 50 ice makers and Gladiator garage products achieved or exceeded company as well as outside agency requirements prior to production
- Studied DFMEAs, simulations, product designs and previous test results and reviewed changes with lab engineers, electronics PA engineer and codes/safety engineer to develop lab test plans to confirm product performance, reliability, robustness, safety and code certification
- Issued over 625 PA test plans. Approved over 475 new models and component changes
- Served as refrigeration representative on global product approval database development and implementation team. Trained all refrigeration personnel on database usage
- Documented and pursued closure of over 30 corrective action plans for existing design issues
- Reviewed and provided feedback on all new and revised product test specifications. Served as product approval representative to specification steering committee
- Trained product approval personnel and supplier of Gladiator garage products in China on test procedures and approval criteria
at this job
Accountable for Fidelity's Global Enterprise IP Management (IPAM) architecture, engineering, and security. Network critical technology has half a million IP's under management, over 200 active administrators and spans North America, the UK, and South East Asia.
- Led a $1.5M cross-team effort to replace the entire DNS Infrastructure with appliances. After an extensive RFI the appliances were delivered for one-third the initial budget including maintenance with a less than two-year ROI.
- Directed team in all phases of operational, project management and technical/security assessments and deployments. Managed final approval on hundreds of changes a month.
- Developed and Implemented process improvement methodology for software upgrades. Reduced implementation time by several weeks, increased Business Unit communication channels, obviated the need for vendor professional services, and allowed for the last two major upgrades to be completely successful and problem free.
- Led a multi-year effort to bring Fidelity's 2500 Internet Domains under one vendor for management. Providing one channel for all of Fidelity's businesses an efficient and cost effective means to not only register their key domains but protect them from unintended expiry and brand infringement.
- Selected by Global Network Services (GNS) management to represent the team at Enterprise level emerging technology forums including click to compute (C2C) and Virtual Datacenter (VDC). Contributed to the Security Implementation and Design of these projects.
- One of six engineers selected for a top security initiative to mitigate Bot-net based DDoS attacks. Authored Fidelity's white paper on DNS based DDoS attacks.
at this job
- Led a team of four engineers
- Collaborated with engineering teams from Spirit AeroSystems and CFM to generate NASTRAN finite element models which simulate the 737 MAX propulsion configuration
- Ran tens of thousands of airplane flight conditions through structural finite element analysis to produce internal load distributions. Wrote software to filter, sort, and organize the results so they were easily understood by the downstream engineers
- Led a multi company team to find an analytical solution high airplane dynamic windmilling loads which were impacting the program.
- Optimized the processes, reducing man hours and flow time by 60%. Received an award from program leadership for maintaining the schedule for critical path deliveries despite substantially late input
- Produced a series of videos documenting the propulsion loads process that dramatically reduce the training time required for new engineers
- Simplified the process for generating fatigue loads for nacelle and engine structures
at this job
- Planned and analyzed for compliance with requirements, both internal and external tests for the approval of products before the start of production.
- Completed 160 hours of Six Sigma Black Belt training.
- Contributed to successful on time launch of the new horizontal axis washer platform which resulted in Whirlpool to take the top four spots in front load washers in the consumer report magazine.
- Provided quick turnaround of 3 days to setup and run 2 tests on the Matador 3 Bitron valve change along with hundreds of other parts for millions of machines. These tests result in better running machines and cost savings for Whirlpool.
- Oversaw the product approval testing for Service Asset Management Module (SAMM), resulting in a new feature of the Maytag Commercial Laundry product.
- Maintained global project data file by adding, removing, and changing users and resources when required. Managing this application meant better forecasting of project completion and proactive conflict resolution.
at this job
Sr. Product Development Lead Engineer
Engineering expert in solving complex problems in the area of advanced semiconductor physical modifications (managed the debug of Intel server microprocessors, 90, 65, 45, 32, 22 and 14 nm).
- Proven ability to lead functional teams, able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs. Implemented Lean and Six Sigma measures into 6 labs with an average of 19% reduction in throughput time.
- Start to end project management of upgrades and new installs, with latest 5 achieved in a short interval by directly working with multiple vendors. Created scope of work, Gantt charts, and insured all activities and Site Acceptance Tests meet deadlines and specs.
- Owned development efforts in close collaboration with equipment suppliers to meet the highest industry requirements for the latest semiconductor industry circuit edit equipment (450mm, 10nm).
- 10 years' expertise in single Ion Beam FIB and Dual Beam (DB) tool platforms. Developed 6 different generations of custom tools operation techniques for Circuit Edit tools.
- Led the Intel Santa Clara, CA efforts by conducted DOEs, and acted as key contributor when 4 different platforms were analyzed against performance, in a multinational, cross-functional team.
- Competitive analysis and performance characterization using single and Dual Beam FIB tools, SEM, TEM, LADA and CSAM equipment.
at this job
Development Manager & Lead Engineer
Managed an engineering team responsible for an online expense management application serving over 1700 customers. Engineer and subject matter expert for an imaging application that processed over 200,000 images per month.
- Pioneered the use of AJAX to simultaneously populate page content from different sources.
- Engineered an XML based Single Sign On solution using SAML.
- Created a web-based image transfer service using Java to enable real-time upload of documents including gray-scale conversion and compression.
- Managed the development team through three high-quality releases over the period of a year while maintaining my own set of engineering deliverables.
- Architected a telephony application interface using a suite of Java based Web Services.
at this job