Responsible for supervision, development, and assigning of all projects within the company from conception to completion.
- Directly supervised 7 engineers and assigned all projects and timelines while developing industry accepted policy and procedures for department.
- Created and prepared product plans and system layouts with detailed drawings and schematics in both 2D and 3D CAD.
- Maintained control of project timelines and expenditures while working directly with contractors and vendors.
- Conducted analytical, environmental, operational, and performance studies in order to develop designs for products and prepared reports for problems or issues with suggested alternatives to correct issues.
- Designed all products and performed monitoring activities in order to ensure that products comply with ABYC and NMMA requirements and regulations.
at this job
Senior Engineering Manager
Prepared project budgets, and assisted in bid and contract awards, and the negotiation of design and construction contracts.
- Partnered jointly with outside agencies and stakeholders to reduce company O&M and capital expenditures while improving public transportation services.
- Directed the planning and conceptual engineering of passenger station, train maintenance facilities, track and structure, communication and signal, and power asset rail infrastructure projects.
- Administered railroad design and construction; while playing significant role in Metro-North's strategic business plan and Vision 2013 goals.
- Trained and managed 5-employees; recruited 3-employees, resolved conflicts, developed salary schedules, and assigned, directed and evaluated employee's work.
- Worked with sponsor and user departments to prepare capital project Master Plans "cradle to grave" specifications.
- Planned the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of mission critical facilities as such electrical substations.
- Reported conflict resolution to executive management within broad program outlines and identified program funding priorities.
at this job