Sr. Commodity Analyst
Commodity Performance Analysis monitor and evaluate price, commodity market, new products, and manufacturing process trends that could have an impact on assigned commodities. Coordinated & communicated findings with executive, senior, site, commodity, and global managers so they could be advised of current situation, pending issues, costs, supplies, and logistics on both short and long term basis. Analyzed performance data to support Total Cost of Ownership targets and goals.
- Supply Chain Management worked with suppliers to develop plans to improve quality, performance, and total cost of ownership with assigned commodities for the global mining operations in Indonesia, Africa, and the Americas.
- Cross Functional International Team Management. Met or led Cross-functional international teams weekly to manage operational concerns with the global procurement, shipment, storage, and usage of critical commodities used in global mine operations.
- Financial & Cost Reports prepared for executive & senior management including procurement plans, forecasts, vessel schedules, and North American storage tank inventory dashboards. Produced financial metrics as requested by CFO and senior global management.
- Logistics Manager managing all logistics to supply mining operations in both North & South America including ocean fleet, unit train rail operations, tanker truck fleet, and port and land based storage facilities.
- Problem Resolution & Crisis Management coordinated acid movements with international team during critical global shortages due to operational disruptions resulting from hurricanes & tropical storms affecting ocean vessel and port operations, and labor strikes.
- Developed cost analysis tools using Anklesaria(TM) should cost, price discipline, and total cost of ownership models to create collaborative relationships with vendors/ suppliers. Projects produced cost visibility and savings ranging from 3-15% annually.
- Created Cost Control Index Model with company's largest heavy equipment supplier. Worked closely with senior managers and commodity managers. Initiated project resulting in a rebate in excess of $3 million.
at this job
Chemical Commodity Analyst Intern
- Assisted in the development of site-level Supplier Risk Assessment to secure and integrate the strategic management of raw material supply for dental professional consumables.
- Worked with procurement management team within Danaher Corporation to consolidate chemical supplier base and to grow up a preferred distributor.
- Collaborated with the commodity manager to implement formula for materials pricing monitoring and to control market pricing deviation on chemical commodity.
- Worked with Strategic Sourcing team and R&D to request for quotes(eRFQ) on chemical raw materials for new product development.
at this job
Independent Commodity Analyst/investor
- Technical and fundamental analysis of market data
- Weather pattern analysis of regional and international commodity production areas
- Political and geopolitical news analysis
- Stochastic data analysis and charting
- Input trades into trading software and compute profit/loss estimations
- Data analytics and reconciliation
at this job