Restaurant Assistant Manager Cover Letter
Restaurant Assistant Managers provide support to managers in a dining facility and coordinate staff to ensure customer satisfaction. Typical job duties of a Restaurant Assistant Manager include directing employees, ordering supplies, storing food, ensuring quality control, identifying training needs, organizing training sessions, solving customer issues and complaints, making sure tables are reset for new patrons, greeting customers, and checking the cash register.
Those interested in a Restaurant Assistant Manager position should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Restaurant operations knowledge
- Managerial skills
- Attention to details
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Problem-solving abilities
- Computer competences
- Attention to details
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
Beneath can be seen a cover letter example highlighting relevant skills for this job.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Restaurant Assistant Manager Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Howe:
Upon discovering your posting for a Assistant Manager, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. As a motivated and organized professional with solid experience and a focus on customer service excellence, I am prepared to significantly contribute to McBailey Grill’s goals in this role.
My background includes leading restaurant operations, teams, and processes to drive business and customer service success in managers’ absences. From training staff and overseeing day-to-day routines to monitoring food/labor costs and handling daily cash counts and deposits, I excel at managing teams, driving revenue enhancement, and stimulating maximum levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Responsible for opening and closing functions, cash counts and deposits, employee hiring and training, inventory control, and order processing in consecutive assistant management positions with Truman Burgers, The Plum Pit, and Chickory’s BBQ.
- Supported general managers in planning and executing monthly labor and food cost goals through efficient shift scheduling and minimal food waste.
- Interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining (when necessary), and managing restaurant employees—including servers, bar staff, and kitchen workers—to drive restaurant success.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments.
My skills in team and operational leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your restaurant. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
William D. Evans