Research Scientist Cover Letter
Research Scientists study and investigate specimens and scientific processes related to the goals of the company for whom they work. Research Scientists record, analyze and interpret data and use that data to provide evidence that supports their conclusions. Research Scientists specialize in the advancement of technology, the creation of new commercial applications, processes or products, and the increase of scientific understanding.
The cover letter is one of the most important aspects of the application process because it is the first point of contact between you and your future boss. You need to convey as succinctly as possible in your cover letter why you are the ideal candidate for the position.
Job descriptions for Research Scientist occupations list responsibilities like:
- Preparing protocols and lab reports for experiments
- Preparing grant proposals
- Installing new fixtures in the lab to improve work flow and lab space productivity
An example cover letter of a Research Scientist which is an effective example of a candidate’s collection of skills and experience relevant to the position appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Research Scientist resume samples.
Dear Ms. Guadalupe Reid:
As a highly innovative and accomplished Research Scientist with a strong background in Microbiology and Biochemistry, I am currently seeking to use my highly transferable skills in medical technology and laboratory science. With extensive experience in biological research, documentation, teaching/instruction, and clinical laboratory environments, I feel confident in my ability to generate superior results for your organization.
Some of my key accomplishments include:
- Cloned and expressed several proteins of interest for functional studies.
- Taught undergraduate students the disciplines of Cell Biology and Microbiology with lab. Created lesson and curriculum plans. Coached students on proper lab techniques.
- Trained Ph.D. colleagues in a specific curation technique to collect names and synonyms of proteins in order to retrieve relevant literature.
I possess extensive writing experience, analysis, and proofreading skills. I am a performance driven individual with a passion for learning. I can quickly adapt and achieve goals in any environment. For a more detailed presentation of my skills and background, please review the enclosed resume. I look forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
Lloyd Barrett, Ph.D.