Economic Analyst Cover Letter
Economic analysts measure and evaluate complex economic data to inform future decisions on behalf of clients, businesses, and governments. Common work activities include conducting and compiling research, developing presentations and reports, presenting findings, and making economic predictions. Strong presentation, communication, and analytical talents are all essential to succeed in this position, as is a scrupulous attention to detail.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Economic research and reporting
- Data compilation and analysis
- Projections and forecasts
- Investigations and surveys
- Project management
- Trend analysis
- Market analysis
- Presentations and reports
- Database management
Please find a sample cover letter for an economic analyst below including similar skills, qualifications, and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Banks:
When I learned of your search for a seasoned economic analyst, I quickly decided to send you my resume for your review. With 12 years of comprehensive experience compiling, analyzing, and interpreting economic and financial data to guide strategic business decision-making, I feel confident that I can significantly benefit your organization.
From analyzing economic reports and systems and performing investigations to forecasting economic performance and spearheading complex projects, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With proven success informing top-level officials on economic conditions and predictions, my additional strengths in database development and general administration have prepared me to thrive in this challenging position.
The following highlights of my background demonstrate my qualifications for this role:
- Serving as an economic analyst for the city of Milwaukee, developing an economic index to calculate turning points and influence both government and regional business investment decisions
- Analyzing regional job growth and wage rate growth by sector across the city; calculating cost-of-living changes over a fixed time period to determine the quality of economic and employment development
- Demonstrating first-rate proficiency in financial analysis, project management, database design, and economic report generation
- Providing in-depth financial and budgetary analysis on complex, confidential, and highly sensitive projects and programs.
- Utilizing organizational, interpersonal, team leadership, and analytical skills to generate peak results and top performance levels
- Holding a bachelor of science in economics from the University of Wisconsin
With my experience in economic analysis, forecasts, and reporting – coupled with my comprehensive technical skills and my commitment to achieving accurate and timely results – I believe I can swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Barbara T. Verdin