Economist Cover Letter
Economists analyze economic trends and the dozens of interrelated factors that affect such trends. They then use this analysis to help decision makers shape public policy and business strategy. Some typical work activities include conducting surveys and collecting data, analyzing data based on statistical and economic models, designing and recommending changes to economic policy, forecasting and interpreting market trends and presenting regular economic reports to stakeholders.
Winning Economist resumes generally highlight the following skills and abilities.
- At least a Master’s degree in economics
- Expertise in statistics and calculus
- Proficiency in statistical software
- Expertise in spreadsheet software
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Detail orientated
Similar skills and abilities can be found in the sample Economist cover letter below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Economist Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be an Economist, check out our more complete Economist Job Description.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Pemberton,
I am writing to schedule an interview for the position of Economist. As an accomplished economist with a master’s degree in economics and five years of experience in making sense of complex economic trends, I think I’d be a great fit for your organization.
My professional experience includes 5 years as an Economist for the Economist Council, where I developed algorithms to efficiently analyze and make sense of economic data. I was able to excel at this position through my dedication to detail and expertise in both Statistics and Calculus, and I think I can use these qualities to be an asset to Glass Economic Analysis.
Here are my most relevant achievements and qualifications:
- Earned a Master’s degree in Economics from Duke University
- Developed algorithm designed to make sense of socioeconomic data
- Used statistical software to forecast economic trends and presented findings to decision makers
- Helped employer save $500,000 in expenses last year by creating an accurate economic forecasting model
- Crafted economic articles to be published in Economic journals
I think my absolute dedication to the finest details and my ability to write scholarly articles based on my work are two qualities that separate me from candidates with similar qualifications. If you think I’d be a good fit for your organization, then I’d love to schedule an interview at your earliest convenience.
Sharon R. Douglas